contractor must keep an Applicant Flow Log that records
all the information required by the regulations for
conducting an adverse impact analysis. This form is used
to determine what positions were open during
a reporting period, who applied for them, and who was hired to fill the position.
Anyone whose job qualifications are reviewed to make a go/no go decision is considered an applicant.
Each applicant who meets the preceeding
qualifications must be included on the Applicant Flow Log
including the data referencing race, sex, veteran status, etc.
Since the contractor must collect this information, it
has the right to request the data of all applicants while informing the data is not used in decision making. RPLMRI has a form that meets these
regulatory demands and can be made available to you.
form used should allow the capture of all the information
required for completion of the Applicant Flow Log.
Federal regulations require ALL the following
pieces of information be to be kept in a log:
- the date application was received,
- the name of the applicant,
- the position applied for,
- the job group of that position or its EEO code,
- the race and sex of the applicant,
- the veterans status of the applicant,
- whether the applicant was selected or rejected, and
- if the applicant was selected, the date of hire, or
- if the applicant was not selected, the reason for non-selection.
received in response to advertising for candidates to
fill jobs must be retained for two years. This
includes both those hired and those not selected.